Tie Down Straps >
- Ratchet Straps >
- Cam Buckle Straps >
- Endless Loop Straps >
- E Track Straps >
- Car Tie Down Straps >
- Replacement Tie Downs >
- Winch Straps >
- Cargo Nets
- Tow Straps >
- Tie Down Webbing >
- Cargo Bars >
- Moving Supplies >
- Tie Down Hardware >
Flatbed Supplies >
- Flatbed Tie Down Straps >
- Flatbed Winches >
- Transport Chain & Binders >
- Corner Protectors >
- Oversize Load & Safety Flags
- Coil Racks
- Rubber Tarp Straps
- Winch Bars
- Flatbed Tarps >
- Tent Supplies >
- L Track and L Track Fittings
- FREE Shipping
- Gear and Apparel
2 Inch Ratchet StrapsMore info
1 – 30 of 54
2 inch Ratchet Straps
2-inch Ratchet Straps are one of the most commonly used sizes of Ratchet Straps and are used for a wide range of securement applications. What really sets our 2-inch Ratchet Straps apart from our competitors begins with our heavy-duty 2-inch Polyester Tie Down Webbing which is extremely durable and heavy-duty. This is our tie-down webbing of choice as it stretches very little allowing your cargo to remain safely in place and is made to last longer out in the elements. Next, we use heavy-duty Ratchet Hardware that is able to use the ratcheting mechanism to tighten the 2-inch ratchet straps to the desired strength. When you arrive at your destination you can simply open the ratchet by using the built-in release lever and pull the webbing back out through the mandrel.
When securing cargo extra tie-down webbing stretching that occurs could quickly damage or even in some cases destroy your cargo load if it happens during transport. This is why all of our cargo ratchet straps use nothing but the best blends of tie-down webbing with high strength to stretch ratios that are made with durability in mind. Another one of the many different reasons behind our webbing blend of choice is it can help to prevent the sun’s harmful UV rays that could potentially weaken or in some cases destroy your tie-down straps from sun damage over time.
2-inch Ratchet Tie Down Straps go great on applications such as Tractor Trailers, Flatbed Trucks, Car Haulers, Moving Vans, Pickup Trucks, Pickup Trailers, and a wide variety of home securement applications as well. We take pride in the quality of all of our ratchet straps and tie-down straps as they are manufactured right here in the USA with quality and durability in mind! All of our Ratchet Straps are attached with an easily visible label that shows the strap’s Working Load Limit and statement of compliance with the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) rules and regulations that are put in place by the Department of Transport (DOT).
How to Tighten 2 inch Ratchet Straps Step by Step Instructions
1. Start by threading polyester tie-down webbing through the bottom webbing slot of the closed ratchet.
2. Next, pull the webbing through the ratchet to help remove any excess slack.
3. Begin ratcheting by raising and lowering the handle of the ratchet hardware until you reach your desired strength for your cargo securement. It is important to remove the excess webbing without the risk of destroying the cargo in the process from overtightening.
How to Release 2 inch Ratchet Straps Step by Step Instructions
1. Start by pulling the release tab on the Ratchet Hardware to unlock the Ratchet Handle.
2. With the release tab pulled, open the Ratchet Handle until it is completely open flat.
3. The strap should pop loose when the Ratchet is fully open.
4. Hold the ratchet hardware with one hand and pull the strap from the Ratchet mandrel with the other hand.
5. Remember to store your ratchet straps in a dry area and keep them untangled as much as possible to prevent any friction burns on the strap that could weaken the tie-down straps over time.
Custom Made 2 inch Ratchet Straps
As being one of the leading manufacturers of ratchet straps and tie-down straps in the United States we have the ability to make just about any kind of Ratchet Straps or Tie Down Straps that suits your cargo securement needs. From lightweight to heavy-duty we have tie-down webbings and hardware to help get the job done right! Simply choose between the length of webbing, ratchet, hardware, the color of tie-down webbing, and any additional features you need, and our staff would be happy to make the straps that fit you best.
If you aren’t finding exactly what you are looking for or if you are interested in learning more about our custom made ratchet straps give our experts a call at 800-444-0956 or by using our online contact us form located at the top of the website to learn more about our customization capabilities. Our team looks forward to helping assist you further with product information, quotes, or recommendations that fit your 2-inch Ratchet Straps needs best.
Light Duty vs Heavy Duty 2 inch Ratchet Straps
There are a few main differences between our 2 inch Light Duty Ratchet Straps and 2 inches Heavy Duty Ratchet Straps but ultimately it comes down to knowing the weight of your cargo. Knowing the weight of your cargo is extremely important as you need to know the weight of the cargo so you can safely match the cargo with a strap that can keep it secured safely using a Working Load Limit (WLL). A Working Load Limit takes the breaking strength or ultimate before the strap’s weakest link breaks and divides that number by three giving you the Working Load Limit. Working Load Limits provide you with a safety allowance to make sure your cargo does not become unsecured during transport.
Light Duty Ratchet Straps Perks:
• Lighter in physical weight for moving and storing
• Great for pickup truck beds, pickup trailers, and moving van applications
Heavy Duty Ratchet Straps Perks:
• Heavier Duty
• Made with heavier duty materials
• Higher Working Load Limit
• More Durability
• Investment for those who transport cargo often or heavier cargo.
• Peace of Mind knowing your cargo is secured.
As you can see from the perks of both straps they can both help with your cargo securement needs greatly in different ways. If you have any questions or need recommendations to fit your cargo needs best you can give our experts a call at 800-444-0956 or by using our online contact us form located at the top of the website. We are happy to assist you with your cargo securement needs!